Students who have enrolled this year in the Trinity 6 and Preview to FCE courses at Shakespeare School get to benefit from a speaking class, and that is the Speaking Maximizer! The Speaking Maximizer classes are held once every four weeks in the Dorobanti branch of Shakespeare School.
What do the students actually do in these monthly classes?
They learn to speak English fluently and confidently.
- They participate in many fun speaking activities that incorporate the grammar and vocabulary they have learned in their regular classes.
- They prepare for their upcoming oral examinations (see below for more details).
How do the Speaking Maximizer classes help the Trinity 6 students prepare for their Speaking Examination?
The syllabus for the Trinity 6 Speaking Maximizer course has been designed to prepare them for the 2 parts in their Trinity 6 Speaking Examination which are:
- A discussion of a topic of their choice.
- A conversation on 2 subject areas selected by the examiner.
Thus, the Trinity 6 students will learn how to do the following by the end of this school year:
- Give a successful oral presentation on a topic of their choice.
- Have a conversation on the following conversational topics:
- a) Travel
- b) Money
- c) Fashion
- d) Rules and regulations
- e) Health and fitness
- f) Learning a foreign language
How do the Speaking Maximizer classes help the Preview to FCE students prepare for their Bilingual Oral Examination?
The syllabus for the Preview to FCE Speaking Maximizer course has been designed to prepare them for the 2 parts in their bilingual oral examination. Thus, the Preview to FCE course students will learn how to do the following by the end of this school year:
- Read a text and answer questions about it.
- Deliver a 3-4 minute speech by:
- a) Stating their opinion towards a topic/an assertion/a quote etc.
- b) Arguing for and against a certain topic/assertion/quote etc.
- c) Describing a person (e.g. describing their best friend from childhood).
- d) Describing a place (e.g. describing their ideal holiday resort).
- e) Telling a story.