If you want to write an excellent description of a person, or in more fancy terms, a descriptive essay, you need to need to be aware of some important rules that you should keep in mind!
The description of a person can be written in various ways but it’s best to choose a technique that covers the most important details:
- Physical appearance (facial traits, body shape, height, built)
- Personality (qualities, flaws, personal preferences or hobbies)
- Habits, the role played by this person in society or in your life(if you chose somebody you know)
In terms of structure, such writing should consist of:
- As usual, start with an introduction! In it, you should try to include an ‘attention getter’ as an opening sentence by also sensory details.
- The main body can consist of 3different paragraphs, each focused on the points listed above(physical description, traits of personality and job or habits of that person). In this part of your written work, you should include factual details but also sensory details and vivid language.
- Finally, the conclusion is a restatement of the feelings for, and opinion about the person you have chosen to describe. In other words, write a clincher statement and maybe feelings related to the future of your relationship with that person.
If you want to be writing the description of a new friend you have met on a camp in the UK, participate in our Essay Competition and you might be the lucky student who will spend 2 weeks on a language camp in Clifton or London this summer!