Here we are only two weeks away from finding out the happy winners of this year’s Essay Competition! Until day there is one more challenge we dare you, the semifinalists of our competition to accept: the interviews! This weekend, May 31st and June 1st, teenagers from all over the country, from Iasi to Bacau and from Cluj to Brasov, are invited at Shakespeare School, Victoriei Branch, to tell us more about themselves and their passion their writing and English. In order to help feel more self confident, informed and ready to give us your best here are a few more… Tips to improve your Interview Performance.
- Listen carefully to what you interviewer is saying. Don’t get carried away by you accelerated heart rate!
- Don’t talk too much! It is advisable to give complex answers to questions, however, don’t overdo it! You might get lost among your own ideas!
- Don’t be too familiar! A friendly, relaxed attitude is always admirable but still, you’re not …’ palls’ with the teachers.
- Use appropriate language – Honesty is a highly treasured quality but expressing truth bluntly may be offensive to the listeners and it might also transmit the wrong message about yourself and your intentions.
- Don’t be cocky It is understandable that you are a bit nervous but looking down on the teachers you are talking to is not the right way to show how good you are. As Confucius said ‘He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good’.
- Don’t appear desperate This attitude is the opposite of the above mentioned ‘cockiness’. Think that the people in front of you are there to know you better and enjoy your presence not to judge you!
- Answer the questions. Don’t hide behind ‘I don’t know’ or ‘I have never thought of it before’. Use your imagination and try to improvise !
May the best essay writer win! UK is waiting for you!