Tips to improve your Interview Performance
Only a few hours left until we all find out who the finalists of the year’s Essay Competition are! As you may already know, the finalists of our Shakespeare School Essay Competition are invited for an Interview at our location on Tokio Street, no. 9, this year on May 31st and June 1st.
What is the connection between essay writing and interviews, you might wonder! Well, sometimes, your writing – no matter how much effort you put into it – is worthless if you don’t support your thesis convincingly enough!
Here are a few quick tips to help you both during an interview and an oral exam!
DOs and DON’Ts – Before an Interview
- Take into consideration the casual dress-codes. Wear clothing that makes look good and feel comfortable so that you feel relaxed throughout the entire interview.
- Try to look well-groomed!
- Don’t wear shinny jewelry or noisy bangles. They will distract your listeners’ attention from your message to your accessories.
- Don’t let your face cover your face.
- ‘Your hands speak volumes’ so let your wrists show and use gestures to emphasize ideas and thoughts.
GOOD LUCK and may the best essay win the competition and the wonderful two-week summer camp in the UK!